Are you Ready for the Connected Customer? Pt1
21st August, 2017
PART 1: What is a “Connected Customer”?
Today’s generation are born with access to unlimited information from the internet. They grow up having their demands responded to by ever-increasing speed defining services. A combination which shapes their mentality and way of life before they even begin to interact with service organisations for professional, or personal purposes.
A connected customer is one who has developed a certain expectation from customer service, due to a constant connection to all other suppliers, contacts and platforms that they interact with/on. Within just a few clicks, they are able to instantly connect with friends, summon a ride, or make restaurant reservations.
With the development of smart phones over the years, consumers now have the most efficient customer touch-point in their hands at all times. This allows them a continual view of all available information, which in turn, encourages autonomy and self-service.
The majority of organisations within the service sector provide a professional skill-set that will be required from humans for many years yet. Thus, it is important that customers are always connected to them for the most optimised experience.
Engaging with a connected customer entails:
- Providing real-time alerts for them when service technicians are on their way to the job site/residence
- Ensuring that technicians arrive equipped with all customer details & service asset history
- Allowing the customer to change details of the service visit easily via an app – without the need to call or email
- Providing real-time updates on the status of their service, both online & via the mobile phone
- Technicians having full access to the repair information and parts needed to complete the job while ensuring first-time fix
- Technicians having the knowledge of other relevant services for each customer, in order to up-sell on the fly
BOOK A DEMO »
If you'd like any more information, or to book a Are you Ready for the Connected Customer? Pt1 demo, please fill in your details below and we'll be in touch: