Dashboards ensure that exceptions can be easily managed in real-time and any service affecting issues can be identified and dealt with rapidly. In the longer term, the package allows trends and patterns to be analysed to identify areas of improvement, therefore allowing action to be taken to optimise the service delivery process moving forward.
Scanning faulty parts in the field and tracking information on failure modes, via the mobile app, enables root cause diagnosis. Analytics of failed parts help organisations identify problems in the manufacturing process. Meanwhile this data can be utilised and patterns identified to project future forecasts and optimise boot stock levels. For example, if a particular component keeps failing, the ﬁrst step is to increase boot stock levels so that ﬁeld technicians always have that part with them. Following this, the company will need to review preventative maintenance and schedule proactive visits in order to replace faulty parts before the assets stop working. As part of a longer-term solution, if the particular component that keeps failing is from a supplier, they may want to look at ordering this particular part from a different vendor to ensure a longer lasting lifespan.
- End-to-end reports and analytics
- Standard service management reports, and ability to configure custom reports around specific KPIs
- Point and click configuration tools for customised reports
- Business analytics engine: combining traditional data with key business information
- Reports available via client portals
- Trend analysis on a regular basis to track key business metrics
- Scheduler ensures timely delivery of information
“With our previous more manual process, we wouldn’t necessarily have visibility of a repeat failure with a particular product or component. Now with our mplsystems field service solution we’re able to generate automatic alerts or analyse data to proactively replace components prior to failure or determine a manufacturing fix.”